The Eldest Curses is an upcoming series revolving around Magnus Bane. It is being co-written by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu. The first book in the series is slated for a April 2019 release.
- The trilogy will tackle many of Magnus's untouched secrets and stories from his past, his future, and his present, his first love, his parentage and his childhood, the beginning of his relationship with Alec, his relationship with his parents, Magnus and Alec's vacation in City of Fallen Angels, a big mystery, and many more.
- "A very special Malec scene in Paris will definitely be in one of the books."
- One of the last two installments may tackle how Alec found Rafael Lightwood-Bane and why and how Alec and Magnus adopted him.
- The magical reason why the other attendants of Jem and Tessa's wedding, excluding the couple and Magnus, don't remember it ever happening will be revealed in this series.
- The mystery of when Ragnor Fell reappeared will be shown in this series.
- Lily Chen will have a role to play in one or more installment of the series.
- For more, either go to the individual pages of the upcoming installments or check the unidentified snippets page.
"I'm sure," said Tessa gently, "but are you happy?"
Magnus had known her a long time. He let his defences drop a little, enough to answer with a simple: "Yes."
Tessa smiled, without an ounce of hesitation or grudging to be found in her. "I'm so glad."
Magnus was the one who hesitated. "Can I ask you something? You loved a Shadowhunter."
"Do you think I stopped?"
"When you loved a Shadowhunter, were you ever afraid?"
"I was always afraid," said Tessa. "It's natural to be afraid of losing the most precious thing in the world. But don't be too afraid, Magnus. I know warlocks and Shadowhunters are very different. I know the difference between you might feel impossible, the gulf can feel unpassable, but as someone I love once said to me, the right man will not care. You can build a bridge over the gulf, and find each other. You can build something much greater than either of you could ever have built on your own."
- The title of the series is derived from Hamlet, Act 3 Scene 3.
- The titles for the three installments were already decided before its announcement, but in September 2017, the order of the books were switched around to the current order.
- In 2017, the trilogy was still considered a companion to the main series. In 2018, Cassandra Clare shared that the books may be considered as an addition to the core series installments of The Shadowhunter Chronicles.
- The books were initially planned to be released as an adult series, but after the first installment was done, the publishers thought it more accurate to publish them as YA, or young adult.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Cassandra Clare reveals titles of Magnus Bane series and more — TMI Source
- ↑ The Red Scrolls of Magic | Simon & Schuster
- ↑ The Red Scrolls of Magic on Amazon.com
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/165297971484/qa-various-malcolm-ash-gwynburn
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Cassie's newsletter regarding her updated book schedule
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/26/cassandra-clare-magnus-bane-series
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/781137993457344516
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/735269030345375744
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/738435052497866753
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/735495670161772547
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/737343351054180352
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cassieclare/status/818848524888588289
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/160592869949/hi-cassie-in-the-elder-curses-will-we-see-how
- ↑ Lady Midnight
- ↑ https://tmisource.com/2016/04/24/exclusive-cassandra-clare-talks-about-the-dark-artifices-writing-and-more/
- ↑ http://rwtia64wikia.tumblr.com/post/145788643765/the-question-had-to-do-with-the-dateyeartiming
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/141791745329/in-lady-midnight-when-julian-and-emma-were-at
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/180899262709/my-question-is-about-jem-and-tessa-why-did
- ↑ http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/172524560259/qa-tda-tec
- ↑ "At this point I believe I would put it under companion but..." Cassandra Clare on Twitter
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 "The Eldest Curses is an actual series of books..." "... is going to be published as YA," Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ "They’re all considered YA, regardless, because of the way publishing works." Cassandra Clare on Tumblr