"Greater Demons" have some aspects in common: human-level intelligence, personalities, and names. They are considered the upper class in the demonic hierarchy. The greatest of Greater Demons were originally angels who fell from Heaven.
As far as the Nephilim know, Greater Demons cannot be permanently destroyed with any angelic weapon available. Their temporary destruction merely shatters their form into a million pieces between the worlds, or the spaces in the Void, where its ethereal body exists. While it may take them centuries to reform and rebuild its physical form, they eventually do. When they are summoned or forced to reform, they remain weak for decades. To be truly killed, Greater Demons must be vanquished in both their physical and ethereal forms.
Known Greater Demons
Princes of Hell
There are nine Fallen Angels ranked high up in the hierarchy of demons that are called Princes of Hell, or the Fati. In other beliefs, the seven known princes of Hell are said to tempt people by means of one of the seven deadly sins. Each Prince of Hell rules over their own realm.
- Asmodeus — the ruler of Edom, along with Lilith, and a general of Hell's army.
- Azazel — a corruptor of humans, a Lieutenant of Hell, and the Forger of Weapons, Azazel is a Prince of Hell second only to Lucifer himself. He taught mankind how to make weapons, which eventually corrupted them with war, resulting in his eventual downfall. He is bound to the rocks of Duduael.
- Lucifer — known as the Light-Bearer and The Morning Star, presumed to be an Archangel prior to his fall. Lucifer is known as the Devil, the Ruler of Hell and Demons, an individual who fights an endless war with God for the souls of man.
- Tessa's father — an Eidolon demon
- Four more unnamed ones, possibly Beelzebub, Belphegor, Mammon, Baal, or Leviathan.
- Abbadon — Demon of the Abyss and the Lord of the Fallen.
- Lilith — the Mother of Warlocks, and the first woman to be created who left Adam and was cursed to have all her children die. She is known to be the progenitor demon.
- Sammael — recorded as the former Archangel of Death and a general of Hell's army. He fought Archangel Michael as an equal and was cut down by his sword.