Eugenia was among those who doted on her youngest brother Thomas when he was young and sickly, which frustrated him. Even when Thomas recovered past his sickly days, it was a while before the family outgrew the habit.
In 1901, Eugenia, her sister, and their mother followed Thomas to Devil Tavern, where he and his friends often hung out. If it had not been for Sophie's understanding and respect of the young boys' private time, the sisters would have followed him to their rented club room.
In 1903, Eugenia was seemingly dubbed "ruined" as she had apparently been found alone with a gentleman whom did not later propose to her. She was in Idris, hiding from her shame when she heard the news that her sister Barbara had died of demon poison. She collapsed upon hearing it and her mother and father traveled via Portal to be with her while they grieved.
She later returned with them to London when the quarantine had been lifted. She then attended an Enclave meeting in the London Institute with them to discuss the full of what had happened between the attacks that had killed Barbara and a few others, and the results of the demon having been vanquished and a cure found.
Growing up, Eugenia was very affectionate and protective over Thomas, to the point where he found it smothering.
She is considered stubborn and rebellious. Like Barbara, Eugenia wants to become a dutiful wife rather than a strong Shadowhunter.
- Clockwork Princess (alluded to)
- Nothing but Shadows (alluded to)
- Cast Long Shadows (mentioned only)
- Every Exquisite Thing (first appearance)
- Chain of Gold
- An error in a "found" family tree states that Eugenia died in 1930, 7 years before the death of Will Herondale, which she was present for.
- Eugenia will play a bigger role in Chain of Iron, and the truth about what happened to her will be revealed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters & Denizens of Downworld
- ↑ Cast Long Shadows
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chain of Gold
- ↑ "They want the things society says they’re supposed to want...in Barbara and Eugenia’s cases, to marry well within Shadowhunter society and to be ladies rather than warriors." Cassandra Clare on Tumblr
- ↑ https://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/614585993799041024/hi-cassie-hope-youre-well-in-coi-will-we
- ↑ https://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/613852467121274880/eugenia