Eleanor was training at the Los Angeles Institute when she met Andrew, who had just spent seven years (and one mortal day) at the Faerie with the fey Lady Nerissa. Eventually, the pair fell in love and got married.
They had their first child, a boy they named Julian, before Andrew's half-faerie children with Nerissa were mysteriously left for him at the Institute. The couple went on to raise the children, and Eleanor loved them as if they were her own. She also bore more children for Andrew. Shortly after Tavvy was born, Eleanor died of a cancer of the bone.
Eleanor was a painter and photographer in her life, and her love of creative work influenced her children.
Her daughter, Drusilla, strongly resembled her.
- The Red Scrolls of Magic (mentioned only)
- City of Heavenly Fire (first mention)
- Pale Kings and Princes (mentioned only; first mention by name)
- Bitter of Tongue (mentioned only)
- Lady Midnight (mentioned only)
- Lord of Shadows (mentioned only)
- Queen of Air and Darkness (mentioned only)
- The Lost World (mentioned only)